338 LAPUA AMMO FOR SALE IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP
Are you In Search of the 338 lapua,get the best expirience today with Barrelammoshop.com having in possesion all your needs.We have a large variety of the 338 lapua for sale in stock from top manufacturing firms with the most cheap price point we offer to our client today
WHAT IS THE 338 LAPUA AMMO?
The name Lapua comes from the city where this round was created. This round is a rimless bottlenecked centerfire load designed in the 1980s as a long-range, high-powered bullet for use by military snipers. In recent years, this load has become the leading sniper firearm bullet, with a range exceeding 2000 yards. It has also become common amongst hunters and competition shooters who enjoy the power and long-range characteristics of the cartridge in taking down targets/games.
338 LAPUA AMMO FOR SALE HISTORY/DEVELOPMENT
The 338 Lapua ammo for sale came about from the need to get sniper ammunition that can fire a 250-grain weight and 8.6mm diameter bullet at 914 m/s, which could penetrate at 1,094 yards and above five layers of military body armor. In simple terms, the idea was to design a load that could penetrate persons or objects at an extremely long range. This project was first conceptualized by Research Armament Industries (RAI), and Lapua later joined them. RAI dropped out of the project, one of the reasons being financial constraints. This round minimizes barrel wear, an essential component for any shooter who uses thousands of such rounds in a year.
More than 30 years after its development, the 338 Lapua magnum ammo still has a significant market share of long-range target shooting ammunition. It has earned itself the nickname “death ray” thanks to its flat trajectory and extreme accuracy at long distances.
.338 LAPUA MAGBUM AMMUNITION PERFORMANCE
This load has had a record of the most extended distance killer cartridge in almost eight years, thanks to Craig Harisson, who successfully shot down at a distance of 2,475 meters two Taliban gunners machines. The 338 Lapua ammo for sale bullet weight varies between 200 to 300 grains, with the 250-grain weight being the standard weight and the 300-grain being the most effective load for long-distance targeting. The 300-grain fires with a muzzle velocity of 2,750 ft/s with energy exceeding 5,000 ft-lbf. This cartridge is constantly under development to make it even better and able to penetrate different, more rigid types of body armor. The load is being used presently by over 30 international military arm forces.
338 LAPUA BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE
- 200-grain bullet travels at a velocity of 3.360 ft/s (1,023 m/s) with an energy of 5,002 ft-lbf
- A 250-grain bullet travels at a velocity of 3,030 ft/s (925 m/s) with an energy of 5,112 ft-lbf
- A 285-grain bullet travels at a velocity of 2,830 ft/s (863 m/s) with an energy of 5,073 ft-lbf
- A 300-grain bullet travels at a velocity of 2,780 ft/s (847 m/s) with an energy of 5,143 ft-lbf
338 LAPIS AMMO SPECIFICATION
- Case capacity; 7.532 cm3Case length; 69.20 mm
- Case type; Rimless bottleneck
- Parent case; .416 Rigby, .338/416
- Bullet diameter; 8.61 mm
- Base diameter; 14.91 mm
- Land diameter; 8.38 mm
- Neck diameter; 9.46 mm
- Shoulder diameter; 13.82 mm
- Rim thickness; 1.52 mm
- Rim diameter; 14.93 mm
- Primer type; Large rifle magnum
- Rifling twist; 254 mm
- Max pressure; 60,916 psi
- Long distance shooting
- Big game hunting. The sectional density of this cartridge gives it an upper hand on most bullet types and makes it recommended for big game hunting as it can deeply penetrate the target.
- Appropriate for use in war battlefield
PROS OF USING A 338 LAPUA AMMO
- Great power and range. This round was designed for long-distance shooting and great power in taking down the target, and it has, to date, lived for what it has been designed for.
- Great accuracy
- Deep penetration on targets
- Significant ballistic coefficient as it can fly steadily toward the target when fired from a firearm.
338 LAPUA END WORD
Because of its trajectory, power, excellent accuracy, and extreme long-distance shooting, the 338 Lapis is a load you should look for. We have this load in stock and many more. Be sure to check out our store for great deals and ammo.