10MM AMMO FOR SALE AND READY TO SHIP
Are you in search of the most powerful semi-automatic handgun ammunition eveloped by jeff Cooper, Barrelammoshop.com has a a full-line of 10mm ammo in stock ready to ship Shop Now!!
WHAT IS 10 MM AMMO?
This round was designed as an improvement to the already existing .45 ACP. It was better than the .45ACP in terms of magazine capacity and ballistic performance. Though it never gained tremendous popularity, it is being produced by several top ammo manufacturers in America.
HISTORY OF THE 10MM CARTRIDGE
The 10mm ammo in stock is known for its excellent energy transfer from load to target, flatter trajectory, and accuracy at high ranges. Designed in 1983 by Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Copper to replace the .45ACp, this round is short enough to be used in a semi-automatic pistol yet has the energy and power of cartridges used in a revolver Magnum. The 10mm ammunition round is commonly found in Hollow Point and Full Metal Jacket (F.M.J.) variations, and its weight varies between 135 to 200 grains. This cartridge is manufactured by two standards the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers Institute (SAAMI) and the Permanent International Commission for the Proof of Small Arms (C.I.P.). The C.I.P. is the European equivalent of SAAMI.
- Case capacity; 1.56 cm3Case length; C.I.P.; 51.7 mm
SAAMI; 10.8 mm
- Case type; Rimless, Straight
- Parent case; .30 Remington
- Overall length; C.I.P.; 32.00 mm
SAAMI; 32.0 mm
- Bullet diameter; C.I.P.; 10.17 mm
10.17 mm SAAMI Base diameter; C.I.P.; 10.80 mm
10.8 mm SAAMI
- Neck diameter; C.I.P.; 10.74 mm
SAAMI; 10.7 mm
- Rim thickness; C.I.P.; 1.40 mm
1.4 mm SAAMI
- Rim diameter; C.I.P.; 10.80 mm
SAAMI; 10.8 mm
- Primer type; Large pistol
- Rifling twist; 406.40 mm
- Max pressure (C.I.P.); 33,000 psi
- Max pressure (SAAMI); 37,500 psi
10mm amunition is considered a high-velocity cartridge (velocity ranges from 1,300 – 1600 ft/s), with its most powerful rounds equaling the highest performance of the .357 Magnum cartridges. It can retain more energy (energy exceeds 750 ft-lbf) than the .45ACP at 100 yards. Thanks to this round’s high SAAMI pressure of 37 500 psi, it performs better than the .40 S&W, which has a psi of 35,000. The advantage this round also has over the .40 S&W is its large casing which enables it to carry more smokeless powder and heavy loads.
This load grain weighs from 135 to 200 grain and is produced by several ammo manufacturers. Some of the bullet grain performances are:
- 155-grain Underwood FMJ-FN bullet travels at a velocity of 1,500 ft/s (460 m/s) with an energy of 775 ft-lbf
- 155-grain Underwood XTP-JHP bullet travels at a velocity of 1,500 ft/s (460 m/s) with an energy of 775 ft-lbf
- 175-grain STHP Winchester bullet travels at a velocity of 1,290 ft/s (390 m/s) with energy 649 ft-lbf
- 180 grain F.M.J. Federal bullet travels at a velocity of 1,300 ft/s (400 m/s) with energy 708 ft-lbf
cheap 10 mm exists in two forms; Jacketed Hollow Point J.H.P. and Full Metal Jacket F.M.J.
- F.M.J. This cartridge is a conical-formed load in a hard metal case, usually copper. The jacket’s function is to make the bullet more effective by keeping the shape of the bullet as it travels toward the target. Even though this load type is the cheapest of the cheap 10mm ammo available, it has to be used with care for self-defense as it has an over-penetrating power/property.
- J.H.P. This round is also a conical-shaped bullet in a rigid metal case. It differs from the F.M.J. in that it has an inverted hollow point at the exposed tip. This slows penetration and increases the bullet’s stopping power when it hits its target.
OUR BEST 10MM AMMO AND WHAT THEY ARE GOD FOR
- Hornady Custom 10mm Auto Ammo 180-grain X.T.P.
- Federal Premium 180-grain Trophy Bonded Bear Claw JSP
- Federal Premium Personal Defense Hydra-Shok 10mm Auto
- Hornady 10mm Auto Ammo 175gr FlexLock Critical Duty
- BEAR HUNTING
- Buffalo Bore Heavy Outdoorsman 10mm 220-grain Hard Cast FN
- PLINKING AND PRACTICE
- Federal Premium American Eagle 10mm Auto 180-grain F.M.J.
- Remington U.M.C. 10mm Auto ammo 180-grain FMJ
- Hunting handgun. This round is one of the few rimless, semi-automatic rounds legally recognized in the U.S. states for hunting white-tailed deer.
- Self-defense/ Home defense. The J.H.P. round is most recommended for self or home defense because the bullet expands more on impact.
- Large game hunting is usually used for protection against polar bears in Denmark.
- Given that it is a powerful pistol cartridge, it is extensively used by law enforcement and some armed forces.
- Availability. Though it is a little more expensive than the .45 A.C.P., the bulk 10mm ammo is readily available in the market and easy to purchase online and offline. Buy from our shop today and enjoy free delivery for bulk buying.
- Versatile. This load is excellent for several purposes like; home defense, shooting competitions, hunting medium to large games, and fun shooting.
- Low recoil. Its low recoil makes it more powerful than the 9mm and .45 ACP.
As explained in this article, the 10mm ammo is a great tactical and defensive round for hunting and protection. We have a great variety of high-quality best 10mm amunition from top manufacturers in store and are ready for immediate shipping and delivery. To benefit from our free shipping offer, buy above (insert amount in dollars). Place your order now!